We finally near completion of our dog kennels. They will be operating from the 19th of March. We are frantically tidying up and getting the garden sorted.
We stated off by straightening up some old pig pens. We initially wanted to extend the concrete walls but after much discussion and deliberation and chatting to the walling folk we decided to use corrugated iron. The most difficult bit was working on a very crooked base.
Fence and extensions begin
Fencing done (by Willem Otto). The crooked Ness of the base structure also gave him grey hairs, but they did a great job.
Bob’s and I then put up the walls. We used extra thick corrugated iron because the new stuff is as thin as paper and we weren’t happy with that.
We then had walls built to split the pens into two kennels each.
And finally put on the roof.
We even had a chance this weekend to test out the kennels when we looked after Wendy who ran away from home when her dad went away for the weekend. They were very happy to find each other on Monday.